Thursday, January 03, 2008

Together We'll Ring in the New Year..

Yesh yesh. It's the most wonderful time of the year. The time where our minds can say 'Let's start over'. It's the beginnings of new things.
Do I have any New Year resolutions? Asides from trying to balance my school, friends, family, and spiritual side almost equally, I want to become in better shape and do the best I can. I also want to enjoy and live life like I always wanted it to be. I bet you can't get any cliche than that.
I'm currently in the 'getting ready for college mood'. I'm at my sister's dorm right now, and her dormate, along with her mother are here as well, tidying her things up. My sister's at the library, researching stuff to finish her thesis so she can graduate at March. Me? I have absolutely nothing else to do. If she didn't have free internet in her laptop, I would probably die of boredom.
Anyhoo, yesterday I went to the campus of the fallback university in case the first one didn't accept me. What can I say? I think I stated this before but two of the universities have completely different sides. The first one, is more simple and modest. The education has proved to be way better and it's prepares you more for strong discipline and establishes your spiritual faith with God. The only disadvantage to this is the conditions of th'e dorm that I'm going to be living in. My parents chose this not only because my mother has connections to the head officer (they were childhood friends) but it was located within the university so it's like a walking distance. But the conditions are pretty old (and there's no air conditioner!!). I'm not that sort of kikay girl, but I would like to have a cold breeze once in awhile, especially after taking a shower and sweating afterwards, and also the damn Filipino weather!
The second one aka the fallback, is the more prestigious uni than the first one. Not only is it a Jesuit uni as well, but it has more connections to multinational companies. There's more rich-ass college students here.
There both good universities, but you know, the doubts are evident in each .
YOu know what my gut feeling tells me to do? Just enjoy the rest of the 6 months, and wait till they list in accepted graduates and then that's where you start to worry.
FREEDOM AWAITS. despite curfew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home