Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crushcrushcrush..

I’m back at home.

It feels quite good to be back. I spent the first hours of my homecoming watching ‘Some Kind of Wonderful’. It’s the typical, cheesy 80s teen flick but I enjoyed it.

The internet is pretty messed up right now but hopefully it’ll go back as normal (so I can catch up on downloading songs ASAP) tomorrow. I miss my friends and I can’t wait to catch up on them. Apparently, loads of things happened while I’m gone. There’s a new couple in town and it’s soo shocking. Oh well, the heart wants what it wants, huh?

I’m pretty great with myself and the current beings. I just have to get back into shape and make a few adjustments (give myself a foot spa, a new haircut, arrange a few other things) and I’m off. School’s starting soon (groan) and I just want to get back into good terms with everybody academically and socially. What’s going on with my social life? I’m happy with myself that I wasn’t as paranoid as I was like 6 months ago because my social life wasn’t blossoming. Right now, I’m just happy to have couple of friends that I can talk to about almost anything. J

One thing that I should start doing besides grooming my foot (I swear, if you ever see it, you wish you hadn’t) and sit-ups (my stubborn stomach) is read more and more books. I’m currently reading ‘She’s Come Undone’. It’s pretty good and I can’t wait to finish it and read the tons and tons of books I’ve got during the vacation for awesome prices. I officially resolve myself to read all of them before I start college.

Fine, here is the list (in no order)

  1. She’s Come Undone – Wally Lamb
  2. The Pact – Jodi Picoult
  3. White Oleander – Janet Fitch
  4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – Ken Kesey
  5. Dreaming Southern – Linda Bruckheimer
  6. Talk Before Sleep – Elizabeth Berg
  7. The Sun also Rises – Ernest Hemingway
  8. The Cement Garden – Ian McEwan
  9. The Lost Mother - Mary McGarry Morris
  10. Basketball Diaries – Jim Carroll

10 books before June 7.That’s around 4 months

Aproximately 2 weeks per book. Let’s see if I’m still the procrastinator I’ve always been or I’m finally becoming a new person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home